The West Mill Wedding Venue take your data and privacy seriously, and as a data processor for many of our clients we strive to ensure that our data, and the data of our client base, is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
This policy applies to thewestmillvenue.com only – once you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider.
Permission must be sought to share or use any photography or video content published on the website. All photos/video must be credited to the photographer and not doctored, cropped or filters added without prior permission to do so.
Types of information we gather and how we use it
We will not use your personal data for marketing preferences unless you have explicitly opted-in to receive marketing communication. Subscribers that opt-in can be removed from our marketing database at any time.
We will store personal data from prospective customers for 12 months following an initial enquiry and/or 12 months (first anniversary) from a customer’s wedding date.
We may collect the following information:
- data provided by you when you use any of the associated services by filling in a field or forms in on our sites or any of our social media platforms, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- data provided by you when subscribing or replying to our emails, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions linked to us or associated services, including responding to a survey from us;
- data provided when updating your subscription preferences;
- data you give our sales or events team;
- data transferred via any other software services integrated within our websites;
- data automatically collected when using the websites, such as cookies;
- data automatically collected when using the website, including:
- Information from your devices (including mobile devices) and applications you or your users use to access any of our websites, applications, or services.
- usage data, as collected via Analytical Services;
- data provided via other sources, for example, customer feedback
How we use your information
We limit the personal data collected and processed for the following purposes:
- to respond to your enquiry
- to provide any information and services that you have requested or any services that you have ordered
- to provide a high-quality service meeting the terms outlined in the terms and conditions
- to carry out obligations from any contracts entered between clients and ourselves
- to contact you with information about your event, the venue and upcoming events
- to notify you about changes to service and to provide and deliver any other services you may require
- to protect against, investigate and deter fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity.
If you become a customer of ours by purchasing services from us we may send you further information that is related to your purchase, by post or e-mail, or contact you by telephone or SMS.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us to develop our website and our services. We may also provide such aggregate information to third parties, but these statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
Accessing or Updating Your Data
Should you wish to access or update any personal data that may be held by The West Mill Wedding Venue please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The West Mill Wedding Venue does not, sell or disclose information about you. In the event we are required to provide such information by a court, administrative or governmental order or other legal process we will provide the information collected as required by law. We protect your personal information with several security measures. In addition to normal precautions such as physical security and firewalls, we have strict internal security policies.
We will share your personal data and usage data with the following third parties (such third parties are prohibited from using your personal data except to provide these services to us):
- Third parties for marketing purposes who help us perform statistical analysis, marketing campaigns, PR campaigns and remarketing
- our service providers, caterers and agents (including their sub-contractors) or third parties which process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers, payment processing providers, and those organisations we engage to help us send communications to you) so that they may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services, and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you;
- third parties where you have a relationship with that third party and you have consented to us sending information (for example social media sites or other third party application providers);
- we may occasionally appoint other organisations to carry out some of the processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, technology hosts, printing companies and mailing houses. In these circumstances, we will ensure that personal information is properly protected and that it is only used in accordance with this privacy notice.
- any existing or future member of our team
We may share non-personally identifiable information about the use of our website, applications, products, or services publicly or with third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We will not disclose your personal data and/or usage data to any other third parties without your consent unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with legal process served on us;
- protect and defend the rights or property of us; and
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
The West Mill Wedding Venue may collect other types of anonymous data from website users through the use of “cookies,” which are text files that a website places on the hard drive of your computer that identifies you as a user. When you return to the website, your browser sends that information back to the site. Our website uses “cookies” to improve your experience and to provide a better understanding of how users are interacting with our site, to administer the site, or for research and marketing purposes to help us better serve our clients. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. When you browse the site it uses this cookie to ‘remember’ some of the things you did on the website last time to save you from updating your preferences each time. No personally identifying information from you will be collected as part of these cookies.
Cookies We Use
Necessary Cookies (required for site to function)
|CookieMessage||This cookie checks whether the Cookie Pop-Up message has appeared.|
|wfwaf-authcookie-*||This cookie is set by the WordPress security plugin “Wordfence”. It is used to authenticate user’s login request. This cookie is persistent and expires in 1 day.|
|wordpress_logged_in_*||This cookie is set by WordPress. It is used for indication and identification of the logged in user. This is a session cookie.|
|wordpress_sec_||This cookie is set by WordPress. These cookies help us keep you logged in to our site.|
|wordpress_test_cookie||This cookie is set by WordPress. It is used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.|
|wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-||These cookies are set by WordPress. They are used to customize user’s view of admin interface, and possibly also the main site interface. These cookies have no impact on user experience and do not store any personal information. They contain some information about user’s general geographic location. These cookies are persistent and expire in 1 year.|
|autoptimize_feed||A plugin to optimise the page speed / loading of the website. The cookie help to notify the site if the cache has been refreshed since you last visited, if so it will force the page to refresh reather than using your cached version of the site.|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser setting. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Client, Supplier and Prospect Information
In order to be able to communicate with our client/supplier/prospect base we store contact details including name, email address, phone numbers and physical addresses, as well as emails sent to accounts at The West Mill Wedding Venue, on password protected devices. In the event of a data breach this password protected data can be erased remotely.
The West Mill Wedding Venue protects your personal information with several security measures. In addition to normal precautions such as physical security and firewalls, we have strict internal security policies.
Website Data Storage
The data from this website is stored on our third party hosting company’s datacentres within the EEA, which operates security controls compliant with ISO27001.
About This Policy