- Bride & Groom: Tillie & Perry
- Date: Thursday 15th February 2018
- Photography: Rosie Kelly Photography
- Wedding Style: A February wedding with beautiful pops of colourful winter roses and elegant decor.
Real Wedding at The West Mill Venue, Derbyshire
Your Love Story?
Perry and I originally met in High school but lost touch after going to college. When we were 18 we met again after a mutual friend invited him with us to a gig.
As soon as I saw him, I turned to my friend and said “I’m going to marry him”, and here we are!
He proposed at Burbage Common. We go there a lot walking and as he’s a joker, I didn’t actually believe him when he asked!
What was your inspiration and vision for your day?
Ever since I was young, I have always wanted a winter wedding. The thought of it being cold outside and warn and cosy inside is just super appealing to me! Plus the winter colour schemes are amazing! I wanted everyone to be happy and relaxed so having the board games people could use during photos was a must!
Why did you choose The West Mill Venue?
We chose The West Mill because it was cosy, simple yet incredibly interesting and it is completely our style of venue. It was a bit of a travel but totally worth it.
Did you do any DIY projects?
My sister was an absolute star when it came to DIY wedding projects! She did all the chalkboards, all of the silk flowers for the bridesmaids, all of the wedding stationary…EVERYTHING!
Tell us about the details…
We didn’t want to spend loads and loads on things so did a lot of shopping around. We bought the lanterns for our centre pieces from Ikea and had the florist add the flowers. The cake was so much cheaper coming from M&S and tasted absolutely amazing. I was about 20 weeks pregnant when I tried on the wedding dress I chose for the first time but didn’t actually try on the one in my size until about a month before the wedding! I wanted a dress that was a little different and I just loved it!
What was on the Menu?
For did Bucks Fizz for our drinks reception from Aldi! Our wedding breakfast drinks were from Tesco and lots of people were asking where the white wine was from as it was that good. We had Beef Bourguignon Tart for starter with chicken and heart fondant potato for main. For pudding we had a warm white chocolate sponge.
What was your favourite part of the wedding?
Our favourite part of the day had to be the party. I personally was so nervous during the ceremony that if I looked at the guests instead of Perry, I’d have cried!
Do you have any advice for future brides & grooms?
Don’t spend the whole day worrying about small details. We made sure to mingle with everyone but it is very important to spend time with each other. When you walk back down that aisle and you’re in the dressing room alone for the first time as husband and wife, appreciate it.
Quick, Relaxed and Fun
The Dream Team
- Photographer Rosie Kelly Photography
- Dress LuLu by Donna Lee Brides - bought from Pink Confetti
- Shoes Aldo
- Head Piece EBAY
- Hair & Make Up Perry's sister (The Loft Hair and Beauty)
- Groom's Attire Philip James, Hinckley
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses Coast
- Cake M&S
- Flowers Jilly Flowers, Hinckley
- Stationery All handmade by my sister, Bridie (she's now starting to do them for other people)
- Band Richie Phillips Music
- Photobooth Rosie Kelly Photography
- Decor & Props All chalkboards and signs done by Bridie my sister