Planning a wedding is a wonderful experience but definitely not without its stresses. One of the topics we are asked about frequently is table layout options and so we thought we’d pop everything together for you in a handy blog post.
If you’ve been wondering how many guests you can fit around a round table, if we offer trestle table options or what’s included as standard when you book with with The West Mill & West Mill Kitchen, then read on.
Trestle Tables or Rounds
Traditionally the layout for a wedding breakfast would be a long top table with the wedding guests seated at round tables but in recent years we’ve seen the rise of the trestle table (long rectangular rows) with those in favour of a more relaxed feel.
At the West Mill Venue, the choice is yours. We allow our couples to choose between round tables or rows of trestles. Our events team will happily help you decide what might work best and we have some example layouts for you in this blog post below.
Crunching the Numbers
You might also fancy playing around with the top table layout too.
You could opt for a traditional top table or a sweetheart table (where the couple sit on their own) Or, if perhaps the idea of being ‘on show’ isn’t for you, we have many couples who decide to sit on a round top table with their family instead. The choice is yours.
We love to offer you the flexibility however there are a few things to bear in mind.
The maximum capacity at The West Mill is 160 guests. For weddings of 120 – 160 guests you would be be required to use our round tables due to space on The Breakfast Room Floor.
The maximum we can seat on trestle tables is 120 guests. Trestle table layouts are more flexible with around 50-80 guests as we have a few more layout options available.
Example Floor Plan Layouts
To help you with your planning, we’ve popped together some frequently used table layouts.
When you’re ready, we’d highly recommend using this handy online planner to create your table plan with all your guests names on. You can simply save it as a PDF and send to us and the suppliers who may need it nice and easily via email.
Guest & Table Numbers
So now you’ve chosen your set up and potential layout, you need to think about how many people you’d like sat around your tables.
Here are some numbers you need to know…
The Maximum: 10 guests | The Minimum: 6 guests | The Sweet Spot: 8 guests
For larger weddings, you’ll be looking at having 10 guests around the majority of your tables.
It is more than ok to mix your numbers up on different table if friendship/family groups require. Very rarely do your wedding guests fit onto perfect tables of 8.
The Maximum: 6
Things to keep in mind: You can potentially sit people on the short edge of the table if you need to.
Things to Consider
It’s worth considering what you might be serving up for your first meal as newly weds as it might affect what layout you choose to go for.
For example, if you were to have sharing platters and trestle tables, it’s a good idea to keep your wedding table decor simple to allow adequate room.
And it works the other way too. If large floral runners or arrangements are at the top of your wish list, then perhaps round tables might work better for you.
If budget is a priority, it’s often the case that trestle tables are a more cost effective way to decorate. Often a few stem bottles with single stems work a treat.
We’re always on hand to advise if you have any queries. Just drop us an email: email@example.com
Here’s a little reminder of what’s included as part of your venue hire and catering costs.
As well as delicious food our catering prices also include the following…
1. An invitation to a complimentary Tasting Experience at The West Mill. Places for the marrying couple are complimentary and a maximum of 4 additional guests can be invited (£30pp inc VAT.)
2. A personal consultation and advice on planning your wedding food and drink requirements with one of our catering bookings managers.
3. Delicious food freshly prepared at The West Mill by our in house team.
4. All necessary crockery, cutlery, glassware, white table cloths and napkins. (Please note: The table runners and decor featured in these images are not provided by The West Mill.)
5. An experienced catering manager in attendance on your day. The catering manager and your events manager will work together to ensure your big day runs smoothly.
6. All dietary requirements will be catered for and your chosen menu can be adapted to suit your needs.
7. Exceptionally high levels of service from The West Mill Kitchen team including a skilled front of house team and experienced chefs.
8. Provision of all glasses, ice* and staff for the service of your own no corkage drinks until the end of the Wedding Breakfast. *with the exception of large baths, please speak to a member of the team for more information.
9. A fully staffed pay bar service for your evening reception, accepting both cash and card.
10. All menus are priced per person and are inclusive of VAT.
We really hope that’s answered a few Wedding Breakfast Layout questions for you but as always, we are to help. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions or would like to arrange a visit to the venue.